Best Travel System Stroller Reviews & Buying Guide 2017
Babies spend a relatively short time in strollers, which makes this stage memorable – but quick. One of the biggest challenges you face as a new parent is finding the right stroller system that works for your family. Do you want something top-of-the-line or something inexpensive and lightweight? Your lifestyle, how often the stroller will be used, features, the weight of the stroller system, safety mechanisms, and ease of use are all factors to consider when investing in the best travel system stroller.
With so many products out there, how do you know which is the best travel system stroller? I’ve compared five of the top strollers in the market to see how they measure up. In evaluating these products, I’ve considered infant car seat size, safety, portability, maneuverability, and style.
What is the Best Travel System Stroller
What exactly is a best travel stroller system? If you’ve ever seen an infant carrier be transported from stroller to car seat, you’ve witnessed the stroller system in action.
The best travel system stroller is a set that includes an infant car seat, a car seat base, and a stroller. Going to the grocery store? Having a family day out? Both the stroller and the car seat base are built to accommodate the infant car seat, making it easy to move your baby in and out of the car without actually moving your baby out of the infant seat. Most manufacturers sell some type of stroller travel system, but most make pieces purchase individually also.
What to keep in mind when buying the Best Travel System Stroller
The best travel system stroller is designed for infants and babies up to approximately 75 pounds, depending on the manufacturer’s recommendation. Let’s take a look at what to consider before buying the best travel system stroller.
Where You’ll Go
- How will you use the stroller system?
- Consider if you will be going for walks in an urban setting versus navigating narrow aisles at a grocery store and running in and out of shops.
- If you travel mostly by car in the suburbs, you’ll want something that you can easily take in and out of the car.
- Traveling by public transportation in the city will require the stroller system that has more maneuverability and lightweight feature.
- How much storage do you need?
- Do you need a stroller for just one baby? Or do you need a double or even triple stroller to hold multiple kids?
- Tandem models let parents push more than one child at a time.
- Double strollers can be set up where one seat is behind the other or side-by-side.
- Adapter bars enable most strollers to accommodate an infant seat.
- Having a baby is already so expensive, so be conscious of the budget you’ve set for your stroller and travel system.
- If you have the extra cash, then by all means, get the latest and greatest and invest in the best-in-class system that all the A-list celebrities are using.
- Otherwise, you don’t need to spend a ton to get a solid model. You can even look at consignment shops, Craigslist, or talk to your friends and neighbors who have older kids and are looking to sell their stroller.
- If you plan on doing a lot of walking, you may want cup holders for when you grab a cup of coffee at your favorite coffee shop down the street.
- Storage space is also important to consider if you plan on bringing a diaper bag or other items with you regularly.
- How about weather protection? If you’ll be using the stroller outdoors frequently, you’ll need protection from wind, rain, and snow.
- You’ll definitely want to see how easy it is to fold up the stroller with one hand. Your hands will be full with the baby, bags, and other essentials, so don’t pick a stroller that is too difficult to open and close.
- Take a look at the safety features. Be sure you know how to work all of the buckles. It’s best to get a stroller that has a five-point harness that goes over your baby’s shoulders and between the legs.
- Most likely you’ll hear clicking sounds when the car seat and stroller pieces are set up and locked securely in place. Look out for those sounds each time you use it so the system doesn’t fold in on you.
Top Five Travel System Stroller Review
1. Britax B-Agile B-Safe 35 Elite Travel System
The Britax B-Agile B-Safe 35 Elite System is one of the safest products on the market since it includes an impact absorbing base, impact stabilizing steel frame, and complete side impact protection. I like this product because it has three wheels and is easy to maneuver in tight spots, perfect for navigating in busy cities and stores.
- Hold babies from birth to 55 pounds.
- Reflective harness straps increase visibility in low-light conditions.
- Linked parking brake locks both wheels at the same time.
- All wheel suspension makes a smooth ride.
- Streamlined design takes up less space when folded and stored.
- Extra-large canopy for sun protection.
- Quick release click-and-go system.
2. BOB Motion Travel System
The BOB Motion Travel System is designed for everyday use but has all-terrain wheels and rugged suspension so you can use it on the beach or any walking trail. BOB has designed jogging strollers for 15 years, so with this new stroller, the company really listened to what customers want and came up with this functional design.
- Large canopy with a mesh viewing window.
- Adjustable handlebar that goes from 32 inches to 42 inches to accommodate different height preferences.
- Padded seat that accommodates kids from newborns up to 76 pounds.
- Infinite recline that lets your baby lay all the way back. Perfect for newborns and babies that can’t sit all the way up yet.
- Five-point safety harness and basket for storage
3. Britax B-Agile and B-Safe Travel SystemThere is a newer version of this, but I like this version because it’s very easy to maneuver. It’s lightweight even when the storage is full of other bags, and the baby is in the seat. It turns easily and is a great stroller for shopping since it’s easy to get through clothes racks and narrow aisles. It’s great for walks in parks and sidewalks. It’s also very light with a padded handlebar that is comfortable to use.
- The stroller can be used from birth up to 55 lbs.
- Large canopy, so the baby is protected from the wind and inclement weather. Includes mesh ventilation window.
- Side impact protects against crashes and shields head and body.
- No-rethread, adjustable five-point harness with reflective binding.Energy absorbing foam liner.
- Ergonomically designed handle for easy carrying.
4. Baby Trend Expedition Jogger StrollerThis is the only jogging stroller that I’m reviewing. It’s similar in structure to the other models listed but has large bicycle wheels and a locking mechanism for the front wheel, so it’s made specifically for jogging. The stroller accepts baby trend flex-
- Extra-wide ergonomically shaped rubber handle, soft for pushing.
- Stroller folds easily with a trigger release into a compact fold for easy storage and transport.
- Foot-rest reflectors are great for low-light visibility.
- Extra-large storage basket.
- Lightweight, rugged steel frame construction.
- JPMA certified.
5. Baby Trend EZ-Ride 5 Travel System, ElizabethThis three-wheel stroller provides incredible maneuverability compared to other conventional travel system strollers. The system includes the EZ Ride Stroller and flex-
- Rear-facing car seat holds newborns up to 30 pounds utilizing LATCH clips.
- Stroller holds children up to 50 pounds.
- Easy one-hand fold.
- Large storage basket.
- Multi-position reclining seat.
- Height adjustable handle.
Safety Tips While Using the Best Travel System Stroller
In order to use the best travel system stroller safely have a look onto the following tips and tricks.
- Make sure that the car seat and stroller are compatible. The pieces need to lock together to make sure your little one is safe and secure.
- Used travel systems are not considered safe to reuse. If a car seat has been in an accident, then it is not safe to re-use.
- If a car seat is more than six years old, do not use it.
- Be sure that no parts are under recall. The manufacturers site should have the most up-to-date information if there are any parts under recall.
- Lock the stroller before putting your baby in. Since you are frequently folding and unfolding it, the stroller may fold back in on itself if it’s not fully locked into place after being unfolded.
- Buck your child every time. Double check the harness or buckles once your baby is strapped in to make sure that they are secure before your run.
- Use the stroller safety straps. It’s vital to use all of the stroller safety straps that are available. This includes the five-point harness mentioned above.
Overall, these travel systems all include the pieces you’ll need to easily transport your little bundle. I think that the best travel system stroller is the best investment instead of buying separate pieces because everything works together, so you don’t have to worry about a car seat not fitting into a stroller. Depending on how you’re going to use the stroller, I would recommend the Baby Trend Expedition Jogger Stroller because even if you don’t use it for jogging, it has great maneuverability for everyday use. If you decide that you want to start jogging, then you’re ahead of the game since your stroller is already built for it. It’s comfortable for your baby, easy to use and store, and is my top pick.